The quantity and variety of assets that educational institutions are held accountable for is on the rise. Our RFID solution improves inventory accuracy for state compliance, increases process efficiencies and helps safeguard tagged assets. Radiant is an industry leader in educational IT asset management, enabling customers to track and manage over 500,000 assets across hundreds of campuses. Our asset tracking system supports both active and passive RFID depending on our customer’s environments and objectives.
RADIANT RFID’S VIRTUAL ASSET TRACKER
Radiant RFID’s Virtual Asset Tracker (VAT) enables users to readily locate assets in an array of environments without crawling under desks, climbing on ladders, or opening cabinets. Utilizing the latest in RFID technology from Motorola/Symbol®, VAT enhances management of common IT assets such as tablets, desktops, laptops and projectors to classroom equipment, furniture and vehicles.
- Quickly locate critical equipment
- Reduce inventory time
- Achieve real-time physical inventory of assets
- Enhance productivity by remotely monitoring assets and infrastructure
- Deliver more timely information for decision making
- Improve security by preventing assets from leaving premises and keeping designated assets out of unauthorized areas
- NEW – iOS and Android app for smart devices handles most frequent location and assignment tasks with ease and flexibility.
RFID VS. BAR CODES
By automating data collection, RFID technology vastly reduces human effort – and error. Because they each use label-type tags, many people think that barcodes and RFID are similar. In reality, RFID is more powerful and efficient. Line of sight and single read limitations prevent barcode technology from providing substantial gains in efficiency. Radiant’s system also reads barcodes, enabling customers to fully upgrade to RFID at their desired pace.
HOW IT WORKS:
- RFID technology does not require line of sight and can read multiple tags at one time.
- An RFID reader “sees” all identified tags within its adjustable range with the click of a button, returning asset information to the database.
- Tag information is cross-referenced against the assigned physical location.
- Assets are recorded as present, missing or relocated.
VIRTUAL ASSET TRACKING SOLUTION FOR EDUCATION – QUICK FACTS:
- Asset tracking application based on the latest Motorola handheld devices
- Database independent. Integrates with ERP and database systems.
- Highly scalable architecture with core server application and handheld clients
- Virtually unlimited number of assets may be tracked
- Use bar code and/or RFID for asset and location tracking
- Enables association of user data, photographs and other asset information
- Supports wireless & USB synchronization
- ERP synchronization module available
ADVANCED FEATURES AVAILABLE WITH FIXED READER INTEGRATION:
- Asset Tracking Solution
- Asset Movement Notification Live Inventory
- User Management
- Inventory Association
- Location Association and Detection
- Server Synchronization
- Inventory with User Alerts
- Exception and Inventory Reporting
- Transfer of Location
- Transfer of Asset Ownership
Provider Member of the International Association of Information Technology Asset Managers